Monday, February 21, 2011

The Waiting Game Staring: ME

I've been spending a lot of time at Newark airport lately: I pick up Aunt B every Thursday night. I've come to realize the airport, or perhaps the people at the airport, are quite strange. I'm forced to witness the awkward hello's and goodbye's while waiting for B. And there are the people who park in the exact spot where it's clearly marked "NO PARKING." Those people boggle my mind because there are 338383 other places to park and wait. I also love the cops that come around and force everyone away from the curb. Now we have 383383 mindless people circling Newark airport. Some of them are the ridiculously fast people: No blinkers, no cares(Don't you know it's the Daytona 500?) OR worse, the slow people: Sunday drivers at rush hour(Impossible to get around.)I feel very anxious on Thursdays.

However, It just might be worse on the inside. Last week, in an non-Picking-up-Aunt-B trip, I was sitting by myself near my gate when a business woman sits down next to me. She proceeds to make 38383 crazy, loud sales calls (Selling the #1 worst thing: CARS.) I wanted to punch her in the face; I freakin' hate pushy people! Down the aisle a bit was "Miss.I gotta call mom...I'm so scared." Now, I have nothing against people who are scared of flying(although, it REALLY is safer than driving but you'd be "CRAZY" if you were scared of cars) but much like Mrs.Salesman, I'd rather you sit in an unoccupied row if you're going to be loud and annoying! Needless to say, It was an awkward waiting period for everyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment