Sunday, April 5, 2009

My So Called "Dad"

I have this horrible stomachache. My sister says "did he message you on myspace?" SO, I check and this is what I find:

Subject: Re: Me being your father

I heard that your mother said I was dead. I would like to know if it is true, because I believe that I am your father. Let me know what's going on, still alive and well. If you would like to get in touch with me write me or call 386-684-9378.
Hopefully will talk with you soon, your so called DAD!!!!!!!!


He believes he's my father?!? OH MY GOD, I never knew (that's sarcasm) DUH! I never once recall my mom telling me he was dead. She always told the truth: He didn't want to be in our lives. In fact, I feel he is dead to me. My mom struggled as a single mother of two and never once did he pay child support. I don't even think she bothered to try to get any either. Perhaps it was better to move on from a cheater? Either way....where was he the last 25 years of my life? Where was he when I needed a dad? Where was he on all those fathers days when we gave gifts to our mom? Was he in the lives of all my half siblings? (aren't there like 7 of them?!?!) Anyway, my sister wonders why I can't or won't deal with this. Well, I just can't and I don't want to. I know people change but I have changed!! I'm all for giving 2ND, 3RD and even 4Th chances but I can't here. I love my mom and she is all I need. It always makes my heart happy when I see my friends being good dads because that is not what I had. I guess you never know if someone will be a good dad but I know my mom made the right decision here.

No comments:

Post a Comment