Monday, March 8, 2010

Pheromones: The Scent of Yesterday

I heard that somewhere across the pond you can buy "grilled-meat" scented cologne. Women, apparently, find the scent of grilled meat to be sexy. I however, don't see how this statement can be true. I don't even enjoy grilling! I'm scared to turn the grill on and coming inside smelling like smoke is hardly appealing. There is nothing worse than feeling like you were just smoked! Sure, I like eating grilled meat but the thought of smelling like a t-bone steak rubs me the wrong way. So, maybe there are some ladies out there who might fancy a meaty aroma on their guy but I think I'd prefer a veggie-scented man. After all, my veggie-scented man is probably a bit more fit.

Another new invention that interests me is bacon-scented soap! There is a company someone selling this lovely soap and I wish I could just get a whiff! The idea of cleansing my body and coming out smelling like Sunday morning breakfast, intrigues me. This soap is most likely geared towards men but i'm thinking they should have a version for women. Isn't the way to a man's heart through his stomach? The advertisement could read: "Ladies, no need to cook for your man...Just smell like you did! Caution: This product may lead to bite marks." It sure sounds inviting to me.

Whatever happened to good old pheromones? I wish people would revert back to smelling like humans. I prefer finding a date the old fashioned way: Smelling for him! Of course, if you want to cheat your way into a man's heart, you can buy a pheromone additive for your perfume. I personally don't see this as a legit course of action when it comes to dating. If you're going to fake your smell than why don't you throw on a wig too? I'm not saying that you shouldn't wear perfume or cologne but just that perhaps, you should try out your pheromones for a change! Animals sniff out mates all the time. Some animals such as swans, mate for life. Of course, there are some animals(and people...I'm sure) that use pheromones for short-term mating. I, on the other hand, recommend sniffing for love (or lust!)

I suppose it doesn't matter how you smell as long as the person smelling you likes it. However, all that bacon, meat and whatever else you doused on your neck (and probably shirt, pants, hair ) won't last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment